There really is too much news and too much going on to make the requisite 3 or 5 or 8 blog posts to cover it all.
Hence a summary:
1. FHA refi costs going down. At least announced.
2. Property values in Ohio going down. At least that’s what the numbers say.
3. Temperatures going up. That’s what my Mark 1 eyeball is telling me. Didn’t it snow at some point this Winter? I don’t remember.
5. Short sales . . . . I am holding in my hand a short sale approval letter. It has only only taken 3 years – 1000+ days – to get. So, don’t walk away from your house. Short sell it.
6. Foreclosure delays. A house that was foreclosed on in 2009 and I released my listing on as the seller was told “no” vis a vis a short sale was discovered to be empty this morning. With a buyer standing in it. On the phone to me since my sign was in the house or the garage . . . so I checked the auditor and low and behold it’s not sold, not foreclosed, just ignored. 2012-2009 = a huge amount of time for a house to be empty and ignored and the underlying loan to be in default. Amazing.
7. 18 offers on one house – which shall remain nameless at this point. A record in my real estate career. Oh, and that’s not offers dribbling in over a couple of months. No. That’s offers in at one time.
8. Out in the field – ordering paint, carpet, kitchens, doors, etc. for a bunch of foreclosed houses in Perrysburg and the Township today. My staff said that we are creating our own recovery with the spending. That may be true – but at least we can show you some really nice REO listings.
9. Client Movie Day this Saturday at the Maumee Indoor Theater. Totally sold out.
10. I only had a 4 or 5 minute break to watch some iPad 3 stuff this AM. Love mine. Use it on every appointment. Someone is going to marry the new iPad 3 with real time paperwork and money-work processing and it will change my business again. I cannot wait.